Feeling a little temptation to break your New Year's resolutions already? Consumer Reports says these free apps can help keep you on the straight and narrow -- no matter what kind of resolution you've made.
- Noom Weight - Personalized coach that helps you form healthy habits through daily tasks, meal logging and exercise tracking.
- LoseIt! - Helps you set a daily calorie budget, track your food and exercise and stay motivated to make smarter choices and achieve your goal.
- GroceryiQ - Create and organize grocery lists quickly and easily.
- BigOven - Take 350,000+ recipes, your grocery list, and menus anywhere on your phone or tablet.
- Food Network in the Kitchen - Get instant access to your favorite Food Network chefs and thousands of their most popular recipes. Android or iOS.
- GymPact - Set your exercise and healthy eating goals each week, and then earn cash for living healthy that is paid by members who don't meet their goals!
- MapMyRun - Find running routes in United States, and easily track pace, distance, calories and time with audio alerts.
- NCI QuitPal - Free mobile app for iPhone or iPad to support smokers working to quit smoking.
- QuitGuide- Free app developed for the Tobacco Control Research Branch of the National Cancer Institute (NCI).
Get your finances in shape
- Mint - Manage your budget with easy to use personal finance tools and calculators. Track spending and monitor your online banking account.
- Square Cash - New free way to send mobile cash payments from the maker of the popular mobile credit card processing system.
- ColorNote- Free personal organizer app that lets you save and organize tasks, recipes, notes, movies, and more.
- Any.do - Remember all the tasks you want to do and make sure you get them done.
For more money-saving health advice, see our Health & Health Care section.